Wednesday, February 05, 2014

London shopping

Here's the entry most people want to read - what I bought on my trip! I've also ordered it chronologically so you can pretend you're shopping along with me!
Boots from Dune. Even though I bought some boots recently, I also wanted new heeled boots as my previous pair are pointy-toed and therefore a bit passe. I decided to head to New Change because I figured that if I were to buy boots, I didn't want to be lugging them around the Tube with me, and I knew New Change had Office and Dune, and that Jones isn't too far away. I zoned in pretty quickly on these guys even though I hadn't seen them on the website. The shortish heel (okay, it's about 5cm) is so damn comfy and £40 off. SOLD!!! 

Puffa and straight-leg jeans from Uniqlo. I love my Uniqlo puffa. Unfortunately, I made a tactical error when I purchased it because I wear it so much that the formerly dazzling white is now kinda greyish. This time, I have made no error and I purchased a new one in grey! And as usual, I got a new pair of jeans. It's hard to beat the fact that they make it in my waist size but also offer free tailoring to make up for the fact I'm pretty short...

Limited edition patterned thermals from Uniqlo. I really have no idea why this brand isn't in Germany because they make the kind of clothes I think Germans would love. Cheap, multifunctional clothes that work in warm and cold weather. COME TO GERMANY, UNIQLO!!!

Tops from Primmy. Last week, I was frustrated by the fact that most of my going out clothes are dresses meaning that I die when I'm out and it snows. Pooey counselled patience - just wait a few days and go to Primmy and invest in some dressy tops that I can wear with jeans. Primmy delivered like crazy. The one on the right with lace was a bit see-through so I also invested in a seamless camisole.

The white one on the left was also a bit transparent so I invested in a white camisole :D. Normally, I'm a girl who loves red but I've decided that I also really love this cobalt colour. I tried on the same top in hot pink but Pooey and I decided the blue was more versatile. Yes, it's true, while I was trying on the tops, I was sending photos to Pooey to get her opinion. Her opinion was that Primmy had a lot of good stuff this time around.

Costume jewellery, also from Primmy. I normally don't wear (or therefore buy) this kind of stuff, but I was wearing a dress last week and I thought it looked a bit plain. This ought to change it up a bit. 

No comments: