Wednesday, September 26, 2012

NYC shopping

And now, part 2 of the things you really want to see - THE THINGS I BOUGHT!!! Before everyone goes *Mooey, you didn't buy that much*, I'd just like to make a comment regarding that. When I travel, I like to take cash out from a machine as soon as I hit an airport. Sure, you might get slugged a non-bank ATM transaction fee, but you get the cash out at the rate and there's no commission. This would not work for my German account. Knowing that my bank is owned by Deutsche Bank, we headed there to solve the problem. No dice - the answer given to me was that I could have to RING GERMANY to tell them I was in the US and could they unlock my card. It didn't happen and I ended up having only my credit card and it's 1000 euro limit for the entire week. Bleh.

In the end, we decided to limit most of our shopping towards the end of our week there, and it was a good decision because we went to Woodbury Common! 

Happy Spu after our time at Woodbury (okay, some of the bags are mine)

I specifically wanted to buy things from NY companies because I could go to Paris, London, Milan or wherever to get European stuff. Here are my Kate Spade shoes. As soon as I saw them in the store, I did think *THEY ARE MINE!!!* It was the last pair in my size as well :D

And I also got some Kate Spade sunnies
Some tops from Loft

This is actually the rear side of a t-shirt I got from Ann Taylor. I think it's kyoots! I do love bows.

When we were at Woodbury, Spu said he got a $US300 cashmere jumper from Lacoste for...$60. I think I screamed something along the lines of *HOLD MY BAGS!!!* and ran off to the outlet. They didn't have any in my size :( but I scored these two cotton ones instead

My pair of Tigers - upon arriving home, after I'd put them on the communal shoe rack, Fabi asked, "Are they new Tigers? I was thinking of getting a pair." :O THIS IS WHY I ASKED IF YOU WANTED ANYTHING BEFORE I WENT!!!

My lightweight puffa from Uniqlo

And finally, the real prize from my NYC shopping - my Marc Jacobs bag!!! Another item that caused my head to say *THAT'S MINE!!!* as soon as I saw it!

And so to end all the NYC stuff, here's a pic of the shirtless guy of the day from Abercrombie & Fitch 5th Avenue. We had a short chat about work/travel and it's possible he's not as much of a douche as his job makes him seem!

No comments: