Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mia san Meister!

Dahveed and I decided to go out and do something that doesn't exist in Melbs and something he never did while in Alicante/Barcelona/Madrid - we went to see FC Bayern Munich present the Bundesliga trophy to adoring fans in Marienplatz. The team requested that we rock up in tracht and that FREE BIER would be available! SOLD!!!
As you might be able to tell from the sky, it was a pretty shitty day. 

This meant I chose not to rock up in my dirndl and even though we came relatively late, there was still enough space to get a view of the Rathaus balcony. The bad news is that we were still too late to get the free bier.

Although because everyone is so damn tall, this was my actual view. 

Some guys struggled to hang the FCB flag from a flagpole on their balcony. I could have used that position.

Success!

These enterprising people also got a pretty nifty location!

It was a pretty interesting experience. FCB were playing a match at the Allianz Arena and then they were going to take a bus down Leopoldstr. and make their way to the Marienhof and then Marienplatz. This took HOURS. We ended up standing in Marienplatz for over 3 hours. During this time, a 'comedian' entertained the crowd by singing popular songs with words substituted to reflect different players - and the crowd sang along! Dahveed and I looked at each other and whispered, "This is a bit weird..."

I was too short to see it, but this giant screen here showed us the progress of the team on their journey to the Rathaus.

And everyone, such as this security guy got their cameras and phones ready.

HOORAY!!!

Although, my photos are so blurry, I can't really make out who some of the players are. 

I think this was Alaba.

I know this is Neuer

I think the guy in the front in the dark grey jacker is Mueller

And the blond leaning over the balcony is Tymoschuk

The players return the photo taking

BIERDUSCHE!!!!

And finally, Jupp with the Bundeliga shield. 

Despite the cold (and it did get quite cold once the sun set), it was a fun experience. I don't think I'll do it again though - but we've agreed that if Bayern win the Champions League, we'll go to Leopoldstr and cheer there. 

No comments: