Monday, April 08, 2013

Pooey got married!

AT LAST!!!

Being part of the bridal party, I didn't manage to take a great deal of photos for myself but here's a few I managed to capture when I wasn't doing wedding-y stuff.

Relaxed bride!

Pooey about to get her makeup done!

Me with my made up face. Great makeup artist!

Lymbo getting her hair done. Great hair stylist!

The wedding cake.

Look carefully, the toppers matched Smee and Pooey's wedding outfits!

When we were discussing what she was going to serve for food at the wedding, she gave me a verbal smackdown - for her, an Asian wedding is all about the banquet, so she was going the whole 9 course shebang!

Course 1 &2 - suckling pig and pickled jellyfish, and the crab claw ball!

And you're damn right Pooey was going to be one of those eating brides while Smee was one of those drinking grooms!

Course 3 - shark fin soup with crab meat.

Course 4 - yep, half a lobster.

Course 5 - yep, half a quail.

Course 6 - abalone and mushrooms

Course 7 & 8 - Steamed barramundi and fried rice in lotus leaf.

Course 9a - Mango pudding dessert

Course 9b - creme caramel dessert.

But the wedding wasn't just makeup and food - it was also one helluva party! Apart from dancing, there was a photobooth with costumes for guests to record their party. In fact, it was real competition between the two locations!

Cha siu bao made the most of both though...

he was an epic photobomber.

The groom and groomsmen ham it up

As did the bride and bridesmaids

And all of us together being nice (for once).

To end, I think I said it all in my speech, but once again, all the best on your lives together, Pooey and Smee. Ruv, Moodles. 

No comments: