Thursday, April 04, 2013

A Walk in the Park

Pooey had her wedding preparation under control and as such, she didn't need me as much as I'd anticipated. This wasn't such a bad thing - I had the opportunity to take some time to myself in autumn sunshine after the crappy German winter (and autumn, and spring). 

I don't know what these flowers are but they were a happy and colourful sight after the grey winter. 

The Secret Garden-esque entry to the Heide II Kitchen Garden...

...where snakes are a natural part of the environement (hehehe)

And spiders!

Although it looks full, I could see that a few of the beds were in the midst of being re-planted.

No matter how often I see these corrugated iron cows, I love them. They just look so much like...cows...

Gardening - Australian style

I made my way down to the river and enjoyed the sight of sunshine coming through the trees and reflecting off the water. 

Then I made my way back to the other Heide Kitchen garden and took photos of...

Zucchini!

Tomatoes!

Eggplants!

Chillies!

I never really appreciated how nice the Australian landscape was until I left and really enjoyed walking around and seeing our weird flora, like these blossoms. I ended up walking out for around an hour - Mum actually rang me to ask where I was for so long!

And as I made my way back, despite the clear blue skies and warm sunshine, I got this reminder that winter is coming...but not snow :P

No comments: