Monday, May 27, 2013

Football's coming HOAM

After last year's confidence followed by a swift heartbreak...everything was (almost) forgotten for this year's Champions League final against Borussia Dortmund! And FCB had won the Bundesliga with over 25 points from these very same opponents, so the trophy was in the bag, right? Right?! Anyway, I managed to achieve something that I couldn't last year - I got tickets to watch the game at the Allianz Arena! The match wasn't being played there (it was at Wembley), but they would show the match on the arena's large screens and we could act as though we were at the match proper.
My companion for the match - Jara from Mehico, who isn't actually that interested in football

The Arena!

The trophy!

Woohoo!

And they're off!

Believe it or not, watching it in the stadium did kind of make you feel like you actually were there. Particularly the reaction of the crowd when a goal was scored

Like when this guy took off his shirt, even though it was like..10C

Or when this guy let off a flare. I'll admit to leaping to my feet with my bier in hand and accidentally giving someone a bierdusche (beer shower).

Before I threw the bier over someone.

Best of all, we won!!! So we furiously got out of seats to try to make it back to the city in order to join the celebrations!
But took some time out for celebratory shots outside the stadium, which was lit up in red because Bayern were playing (it's blue when 1860 play and white for the national team)

And then, I don't know...I guess the best way to describe the celebrations is that Munich lost its rag.



Despite it being a great party, the problem with these spontaneous parties a lack of access to getting drinks and an even more dire lack of access to the toilets. I was dancing at an u-bahn station when Jara pointed out that at the wall behind us, 4 guys were lined up because the world is their urinal. Despite that, I look forward to celebrating when the bus makes its way down Leopoldstr.!
JAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: